Ricotta and Prosciutto Cracker Appetizers
Here is yet another easy and fast Appetizer recipe to serve when having guests. Make serve delicious.
Ricotta and Prosciutto Cracker Appetizer Recipe
Appetizers have many names. Appetizers, party snacks, canapés, bites, amuse-bouche, and more. What is common with all these small appetizers is that most of the time they are easy and fast to make and are so delicious.
Today’s recipe is exactly that easy to make and super delicious. Because we have dry crackers and moist ricotta they should not be prepared in advance as the crackers will soften and that is not the result you want.
A word on Prosciutto ladies and gents. The best way to eat prosciutto is immediately after you opened it. You can prepare the appetizer but wait to add the prosciutto till you want to serve them.
If you are going serve wine with the appetizers my suggestion would be that you serve a Pinot Grigio. Pinot Grigio has a delicate taste that will not dominate the taste of the prosciutto.
If you prefer to use Serrano ham instead of prosciutto please do so. The same goes for Serrano as for prosciutto appetizers (read above)
Be the perfect host. Whether you are having friends over or are hosting a bigger event a lot of things can make or break your evening.
I have written an article on how to be the perfect host. So if you want your next event to become a memorable one go-ahead and learn a thing or two on how to become the perfect host.
let’s move on and make some appetizers.
- 7 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 3 ounces Prosciutto
- Salt Crackers (about 45 crackers)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Honey for drizzling
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Cut prosciutto into triangles. The triangles should be small enough to top your crackers.
- Smear just enough of the ricotta mixture onto each cracker, until each cracker is thinly covered.
- Roll each prosciutto triangle into a small cone-like shape and place each on a ricotta coated cracker.
- Once all crackers are coated and topped with prosciutto, drizzle a small amount of honey over each. Serve immediately.